How safe is your tap water?
Do you Know that our tap water is not as good as it was during our forefather’s time ?
Although due to climatic changes, “draught & alarming” levels of salinity, industrial wastes, sources like river, catchments and reservoir systems are under dire stress which deteriorates the water quality day by day. Further, one does not get sufficient water from river and has to resort to underground water, which generally is contaminated with dissolved impurities.
By the time water (municipal or ground water) reaches your tap, it may get contaminated on way which leads to common water problems. Although, water treatment plants meet ‘The Safe Drinking Water Standards’, but still water pollutants may be present in your tap water.
Is the water you are drinking fit for your
Health and wellness ?
The impurities in water that makes unfit for consumption are …….
- Suspended impurities – mud and dust
- Bacteria and viruses
Water are the current techniques applied to clean water ?
- U V Treatment
- Drinking bottled water
- Boiling is known to kill bacteria only if boiled for at least 20 minutes.
- It is an extremely time consuming and expensive process.
- It is impractical to boil and store large quantities of water.
Candle filtered water
- Water is filtered through a candle filter.
- Merely removes suspended particles.
- Instead they serve as a breeding grounds for more bacteria which flow out along with your drinking water.
- Frequent cleaning and changing of candles is required.
Note : None of the filters can remove viruses.
How does UV technology work ?
- A UV lamp is used to purify the water.
- Gives UV radiation to inactivate most bacteria and viruses.
- Works in cases where there is no pollution by inorganic chemicals.
But today’s problem requires today’s technology
Other impurities in water…
- Chemical impurities like calcium, magnesium, chloride, ammonia etc.
- Lead degrades IQ level, can cause mental retardation and reduces concentration of your child.
- Copper causes serious indigestion problems.
- Iron causes constipation and dysentery
Note : Insecticides and pesticides causes cancer